The Society for Acute Medicine is dedicated to:
- promoting education of medical, nursing and paramedical staff in acute medicine
- facilitating and co-ordinating the collection of data relevant to acute medical assessment and admissions
- facilitating collaborative research in acute medicine
- promoting the creation of appropriate environments for acute medicine assessments and admissions
- sharing good practice
- promoting the acute care models that exist to improve the managements of patients
- providing encourage and support to all members of the multi-disciplinary team
A major component of the activity of the Society has been its twice yearly CPD accredited meetings which have steadily grown in size and stature.
A full list of the previous meeting venues can be found here. The international Autumn meetings attract delegates and speakers from across the world. The poster and oral presentation sessions provide an opportunity for staff to present their research, audits and case reports, while plenary sessions from internationally-renowned speakers enable delegates to keep updated in clinical topics relevant to their acute practice. The Society actively encourages participation from all members of the acute medicine multidisciplinary team in its meetings. Parallel sessions provide a forum for discussion of issues of specific relevance to nurses, pharmacists and therapists working in the AMU. For information on our upcoming conferences, please visit our events page.