What is it?
The takeAIM conference is a one day event, specifically designed for Foundation Doctors and Core Medical Trainees. The aim of the conference is deliver relevant and useful clinical updates on top acute medical topics, as well as provide career information for those who are considering a career in Acute Internal Medicine.
What’s in it for you?
- A full day of interactive, relevant and interesting educational sessions related to Acute Internal Medicine.
- Useful updates for your day-to-day practice on the acute medical unit.
- A chance to find out about the vast career opportunities available in AIM, including specialist skills and less than full time training.
- Sessions that will provide you with top tips on how to apply for Higher Specialty Training.
- Your chance to enter our poster competition!
- A certificate of attendance for your e-Portfolio.
What will be covered?
Session topics to include:
- The pregnant patient on the AMU.
- Acute neurology on the AMU.
- Managing GI bleeds and acute liver failure on the AMU.
- The really abnormal ECG and what to do with it.
- Fever in the returning traveller and how to investigate.
- My journey to takeAIM – the life of an AMU consultant.
- Practical specialist skill taster sessions including ultrasound and echocardiography.
- Open forums discussing life as a medical registrar.
- Top tips on how to boost your CV and secure your place in Higher Specialty Training.
How much is it?
Only £50 for a full day of talks and discussions from top speakers, including lunch and refreshments.
Booking is arranged through Eventage, an events company who are helping us to arrange this fantastic conference.
To be taken to our booking site, please click here.