SAM has always been committed to the highest standards of practice. Please find below documents relating to our standards of quality:
- Same Day Emergency Care, 2019, Joint Statement by RCEM and SAM
- Standards for Ambulatory Emergency Care, 2019, jointly produced by SAM and the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Acute Kidney Injury Quality Standard: December 2014, this quality standard has been published by NICE and endorsed by NHS England, as required by the Health and Social Care Act (2012).
- Transient Loss of Consciousness Quality Standard: October 2014, this has been published by NICE and endorsed by NHS England, as required by the Health and Social Care Act (2012).
- Urgent and emergency care: a prescription for the future, July 2013 published in association with the Royal College of Physicians London, NHS Confederation and the College of Emergency Medicine.
- Summary of Quality Indicators Survey, March 2013
- Quality Standards in Acute Medical Units June 2012 published in association with the West Midlands Quality Service Review.
- Clinical Quality Indicators for Acute Medical Units
- Silver Book, June 2012 published by the British Geriatrics Society and dealing specifically with the emergency care needs of older patients
Acute Care Resource:
End of Life Care in the Acute Setting: November 2015
The Royal College of Physicians has published a series of acute care toolkits:
- Acute Care Toolkit 1: Handover; May 2011
- Acute Care Toolkit 2: High-quality acute care; October 2011
- Acute Care Toolkit 3: Acute medical care for frail older people; March 2012
- Acute Care Toolkit 4: Delivering a 12-hour consultant presence on the acute medical unit published in association with the Society for Acute Medicine; October 2012
- Acute Care Toolkit 5: Teaching on the acute medical unit; November 2012
- Acute Care Toolkit 6: The Medical Patient At Risk; May 2013
- Acute Care Toolkit 7: Acute Oncology on the Acute Medicine Unit, October 2013
- Acute Care Toolkit 8:The Medical Registrar on Call, October 2013
- Acute Care Toolkit 9: Sepsis, September 2014
- Acute Care Toolkit 10: Ambulatory Emergency Care, October 2014
- Acute Care Toolkit 11: Using data to improve care, January 2015
- Acute Care Toolkit 12: Acute kidney injury and intravenous fluid therapy, September 2015
- Acute care toolkit 13 – Acute care for adolescents and young adults October 2015
Additional information is available on the RCPL website.
The Academy of Medical Royal College Report, Dr Chris Roseveare was co-chair of the subcommitee: