Membership of the Society for Acute Medicine (SAM) not only brings you into this strong and growing community, it also allows you to demonstrate your commitment to the specialty (the fastest growing in the UK) and can improve your future career opportunities.
If you want to stay on top of the most cutting-edge acute medical research, discuss challenges and triumphs with colleagues, and influence the future of this exciting young specialty, then SAM membership can provide this, and more.
Annual membership costs £95. We also have a reduced rate of £45 for doctors in training, nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals. (Nurses will receive an online subscription to the journal only, pharmacy & AHPs will not receive a subscription to the journal)
- Full subscription to the Journal for Acute Medicine (published quarterly)
- Full subscription to the Society newsletter (published quarterly)
- Option to receive the weekly news round-up
- Representation at the Department of Health
- Representation at the Royal College of Physicians
- Representation at the European Federation of Internal Medicine
- Opportunities to work with NICE as SAM is a guidelines stakeholder
- Reduced rate registration for Spring and Autumn Meetings
- Option to stand for positions on the Society Council
- Voting rights
For more information, please visit our dedicated membership page.