Date(s) - 25 May 2018
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Hospital Wide Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
Organised by the British Geriatrics Society, Royal College of Emergency Medicine and the Society of Acute Medicine. Supported by a grant from the NIHR
This event is intended for clinicians and healthcare professionals working with older people in urgent care settings. The day will include keynote presentations from experts in their field, time for questions, and sessions demonstrating best practice approaches available. We hope you will make contacts and start collaborations which will continue on from this meeting.
The meeting aims to:
• Further attendees’ overall knowledge and understanding of best practice in end of life care for older people
• Improve attendees’ skills in the urgent treatment and care of older people
• Inspire attendees to achieve personnel excellence in urgent healthcare of older people
• Take away new activities and ideas to progress attendees’ workplaces’ services
Who should attend
The meeting will be of benefit to all healthcare professionals involved in emergency medicine, acute medicine and geriatric medicine, as well as those delivering healthcare of older people.
• Consultants and Professors of Emergency Medicine, Acute Medicine and Geriatric Medicine
• Specialty Doctors
• Specialist Registrars (StRs) in Geriatric Medicine and related specialties
• Nurse Consultants, Nurse Specialists and Advanced Nurse Practitioners
• GPs and GP Trainees
• Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Allied Health Professionals
• Researchers into ageing and age-related conditions
• Core Medical Trainees and Foundation Year Doctors
• Medical Students
This programme has been submitted for CPD credits to the Royal College of Physicians.
For full details and registration please visit the event website.